Wednesday, October 18, 2006
I Am Still Alive
Sorry it is a been awhile I have been very busy but I am alive and well and am very excited to tell you - today I ran 2.90 miles or 4.67 kilometers. Yes I am still standing, and breathing for that matter. I have a goal and with some friends we are training to meet that goal. Our goal is to run a marathon. Now we are not going to do this tomorrow nor are we going to do it this year. We are all Mother’s, Wives and over the age of 35 so we are going to do this at a comfortable level. One where we minimize this risk of injury. None of us have run a marathon before. So we are on a training schedule. First we are training for a 10k then a half marathon and then hopefully (if none of us have suffered any injuries or illness) by the end of next year we can say we have run a marathon. I know some of you think I am crazy, well now you have just cause to think that. I am in training and loving it at the moment, ask me in a few months if I am still loving it and my response may be different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
ALL RIGHTY THEN...YOU.. RUNNING, FOR FITNESS.... IN TRAINING..
might need to see a photo of you and the girls in your gear for proof of this madness and mayhem...
K&Rxx
I'm so proud of you! I aspire to do that one day...maybe when I'm a mother and over the age of 35. Ha! :) Love ya!
WOw! I think that's great. I ran a half marathon once and to turn around and do it again would be incridible. Its a great goal. Tim and Paul did a 10km down in Adelaide recnetly. Is Dan doing it too?
I knew insanity ran in our family ... this is an obvious display of yours!
Love your completley nuts big sister
N
xxx
Post a Comment