Friday, October 06, 2006

Day 2 - Disney Land Hong Kong


For Delenn we went to Disneyland. I think the highlight of the day was meeting Cinderella (She eluded us in LA). It was so exciting for the kids to finally get to meet her.

The other highlight was “The Golden Mickey’s”. I really wanted to see the musical of Disney’s well known songs. So we waited and waited in line to get into the hopefully air condition theater. After waiting about 45 minutes in the warm ok it was down right hot, we arrive at our seats. Great planning by us (Ok it was just good luck) we sat near the front and more importantly in front of the English subtitle screen. The songs were all in English but the MC was only in Cantonese. It was great, the music, the dancing. We all loved it. It was a great end to a perfect day in Disney Land.

Dinner Time
We headed back to the hotel for dinner. Now I was just settling into a great meal of India food when Sheridan being Sheridan decided to climb over the arm of her chair instead of pulling her chair out and sitting on her seat. Sheridan fell backwards on to the hard marble floors. Well that sent the staff into a bit of a flap. I just sat there being the great Mother that I am. If they new Sheridan like I do they would have gone on with their usual activities. Well this time she did not cry that much and in her own words “My head feels squishy”. There was a bit of blood so Dan plops her on my lap and I check it our. By now Sheridan has stopped crying and is wondering what all the fuss is about. She had split her head open a little bit. About 1” or 3 cms (depending on where you live) Anyway she need stitches. The manger called for ambulance and informed us that we should take her to the privet hospital. Off to the hospital we go in the back of an ambulance thank you very much.


We arrived at the hospital. A few questions were asked about the nature of the accident? Was it an accident or did she slip on wet floor? After making sure all was well. Sheridan was seen by the Doctor. We had to get x rays to make sure there was no fracture. Sheridan came out of the Doctor office saying “I have to have an x ray to see if I cracked head”. The x ray was all clear so it was off to the treatment room for two stitches. Sheridan didn’t even cry when the doctor numbed the area and put the stitches in. We left the hospital only having been there one and half hours and being set back thousands of dollars. (ok it was Hong Kong dollars everything cost thousands) It sounds more dramatic that way. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see your girls are true princesses! Look at the Disneyland Hong Kong photo. Delenn and Cinderella are sitting exactly the same way!! K&Rxx

Nicole & Mark said...

But you forgot the most important part ... the BLUE stiches!!!

And I thought tinkerbell was their favorite or is it just when I am wearing tinkers t-shirt?!?!?

Love N
xxx