We are off to Ocean Park a great theme park in Hong Kong. We were there when the doors opened and explored the park with not many people around. I think it also helped that it was raining a bit but only enough to get wet. We are Australians we are not going to let a little rain get in the way of a great day. In fact Delenn and I went on a ride twice just to get wet again. Delenn also went on a ride with Daniel that span around really fast and upside down and she said that was her favorite ride. Sheridan is still not tall enough. I guess it won’t be too long before I have to get on these rides as well. I need to show my girls that I am not scared of anything (oops to late they are the ones that protect me when we go walking and come across a dog). Ocean Park was split into to areas by a large hill. To get over the hill you had to ride on a Cable car. The ride in the cable car had breath taking views of the South China Seas.Ocean Park was also home to two Panda’s. We went to have a look and they were beautiful and playful. The girls were more interested in buying soft panda’s than watching the real ones.
At the end of the day we watched the dolphins and sea lions perform in an educational spectacular. Well that is what the guide map said. It was dolphins and sea lions performing, it was educational and fun and the girls loved it.
That evening we went to Stanley. A little sea side town with street markets and lots and lots of shops for me to go wild in. We were all a bit hungry so we went to the pub for dinner. I had to have another VB and Fish ‘n Chips while looking at the sea on the balcony of a pub. A perfect setting to end the day. Now I was ready for shopping to finish off the night. However someone needed to tell the market that I needed to eat first then shop. We got out of the pub that had the best fish n chips I have had in ages (and it was also run buy India’s). We turned the corner to enter the market and guess what. Most of the Market was closed or closing. My luck. We still managed to buy a few things before everything closed down. I still recommend going there if you are ever in Hong Kong Stanley is a must see.

1 comment:
So bribery works on all ages then ...
Love the big sister who is off to shop with the finance on the promise of coffee!!!
Post a Comment