Friday, October 06, 2006

Biking Family

We have bikes now. OK. We have bicycles now, all four of us. The girls have pink princess bikes. My bike looks like something from the wizard of oz. I have a little basket on the front and I feel like flying high in the sky when I am riding it. I guess all I need now is my trusty TOTO to go in my basket. We all know that will happen real soon. NOT

Our family went on our first bike ride. We decided to go see a site close to us. Let me just tell you I have never met such kind and helpful people as the people of Wuhan. You all have read about how Sheridan tends to fall down a lot. There is nothing different about how she rides a bike. We seem to have to stop every few meters to help her up again. I’m hoping this won’t be a regular occurrence once the training wheels come off. I am sure the extra two wheels are not helping. Then again I am her Mother, I guess I can just hope that she grows out of it. Every time we were near a local and Sheridan needed help either getting up from falling down or help riding up a little hill there was always a helping hand to help her. I guess it helps that she is sooo cute as well. (Oops hang on I am not allowed to say that she is cute anymore she thinks that’s too babyish. I guess it helps that she is sooo beautiful and everywhere we go people stop to look at her or comment and say she is beautiful and just have to have their photos taken with her.)

Our family found a great park not far from our house. Well I thought it was not far. We had to stop for lunch on the way there. It took as about 1.5 hours to ride home but we did stop for ice cream and Sheridan’s legs can only go so fast (not to mention her falling off her bike).

The park was great. A fabulous play ground for the kids with a trampoline and a rock wall. A beautiful lake with paddle boats (We did not try them out this time) and great gardens to walk around. It was well worth the bike ride there. The next day the kids wanted to go back so it couldn’t have been that bad a bike ride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dorothy.... you should get one of those orange flags on a stick and put it on the back of your seat - then you could fly home!! Ha Ha. I bet you really use your bike basket to hold your well packed tuppaware picnic gear. K&R

Nicole & Mark said...

But what about Bikes for visitors???
I am not sure we will fit in your basket ... though I do like the idea of you peddeling me around or is would my little sister extract some sort of revenge on her big sister???
Love N
xxx