The other day we went looking at houses and we stopped for lunch at a little restaurant not far from the compound.
The three of us went to lunch.
This is a picture of the beautiful food we enjoyed. The food on little squares of bread is peking duck (now known as Beijing Duck). It was sweet tasting. You need to be very talented with the chop sticks to eat it. I still managed to eat my share. The dish on the left is eggplant. It just melted in your mouth. The seasoning they used for it was perfect you could not tell you were eating egg plant at all. Behind the egg plant dish is cool cucumber with a teriyaki like dipping sauce. On the right is a beef dish. I believe it was a stir fry dish. The food was fabulous. We really enjoyed it. We did not seem to be able to get thought it all but we sure did try. We drink Chinese tea to complement or meal.
We were getting ready to leave when the local we were with told us about the peking duck. She told us that they only use the skin of the duck and then at the end of the meal they proceeded to bring us the rest of the duck so we could take it home. This would be great if we where going straight back to the hotel but we went DVD shopping again. (We do not seem to have enough.) Then we waited for 2 hours for school to get out. (We helped out in the office for a while) So I’m not quite sure I really want to eat the duck now. I am sure it has been in the boot/trunk of the car for far too long.

1 comment:
Do not eat that duck.
In fact, thinking about it, I am going to wash my hands right now. K&R
Post a Comment