Sunday, August 20, 2006

Swimming

Today is Sunday and we were planning to go to a swimming park. But Dan went into work instead. Lucky for him I knew this yesterday.

Yesterday, we went to our first fellowship meeting aka home church. This is a place where anyone who holds a foreign passport can attend church. We met in someone else’s home. We meet Saturday night. It was great to meet all these foreigners. Most are from America, one form Australia (now there’s 5 of us we are growing in numbers) and a few from Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong. They welcomed us with open arms. I mean who wouldn’t, we are fabulous people to be around.

At the fellowship I met Kim. Her family is from America she as 2 children 7 and 9 both girls. Her husband works at the school as a science teacher for the high school students. They have just moved into the compound themselves. Josie (7 years old) invited Delenn to sleep over that night. (We declined as Delenn did not have her beloved rumple bear with her. She can’t sleep without him.) Kim asked if we wanted to go swimming tomorrow. Of course we said yes and made arrangements to meet and swim on Sunday. Sunday came and one thing lead to another and we ended up at the hotel pool. The kids had a great time swimming and playing together. There were six kids and Kim and I. Kim and I just laid back and talked and watched the kids swim and play. Thankfully we had the pool to ourselves. Six girls can get very loud in an indoor swimming pool. (We had a great time and didn’t really have time to miss Dad who was at work on a Sunday)

We can’t wait to move into the compound now we have some friends already. Although Kim said she could not be my friend because I don’t drink coffee and I scrapbook. Oh well I guess I will just have to rely on my winning personality. It was just great to talk to someone going through the same thing I am.

FYI The picture is of Delenn and Sheridan playing around in the pool the other day with Daniel. Posted by Picasa

No comments: