Well we have arrived. Yes we are here in Wuhan China.
We arrived kicking and screaming and I mean kicking and screaming.
Sheridan being Sheridan fell asleep on the last plane. Our flight left Hong Kong at 4pm and as soon as we got on the plane her eyes could not stay open any more. Well to be fair, we all had trouble keeping our eyes open and we all had a little nap on our flight to Wuhan which was only 1 hour and half long.
So we arrived at Wuhan International Airport and had to wake up our children. This is where the trouble begins.
Delenn woke up a bit grumpy but ok she just wanted to get to the hotel and go to bed. Sheridan woke up rather loud - actual kicking and screaming. We had to wake her because we could not carry her. We each had a carry on suit case and Dan and I both had our laptops as well. So you can see why we had to wake her.
Sheridan is a very unique 5 year old. We have a saying for her - “She likes what she likes and she get what she wants”. So being Sheridan she did not want to wake up or walk off the plane. She wanted to be carried and she was rather in a desperate need for the bathroom.
So Sheridan is screaming because she was woken up and now needs a bathroom. Try explaining to a 5 year old Sheridan that we need to walk off the plane and we will go the bathroom as soon as we see one in the airport. Sheridan didn’t want to go to the airport she wanted to go to China. She forgot that we got on the plane in Hong Kong and now we are in China. She did not want to walk and she needed the bathroom. Wait for it. It is going to get better.
Sheridan is screaming (When distressed she has more of a scream, you know the one that gets right in your ears and you want to scream yourself). Now Delenn is upset because Sheridan is screaming and it really gets into her ears. Dan and I are just trying to get us all off the plane in one piece.
We are now off the plane a lovely person is helping us with our carry on bags (Thankful they are all on wheels). We are on the hunt for the nearest bathroom because the last thing I need is to be wet. (Yes I am carrying Sheridan because she will stop screaming and all or ears will be fine.) We find a bathroom - relief at last. By now I am in need of a bathroom and so is Delenn. We walk into the bathroom. Yes. Welcome to China! There are four cubical and all in use. But in order to do our business Sheridan needs to be put down. We finally get into a cubical Delenn is staring at me like "Mum No way" I look and there is a beautiful ceramic hole in the floor it was long as one and half DVD players in length and about as wide as a DVD player. Sheridan looks and starts to scream again “I’m not going there I want a real toilet”. She is a mess and won't stop screaming (yes every one can hear - even those who have left the airport.) I told her how easy it would be to use and proceeded to show her. I could not wait I really needed to go. I relived my self by squatting over this very nice toilet hole thing in the ground; it even had an automatic flash on it. Sheridan is still screaming "I want a real toilet". OK OK OK. Believe it or not I am trying very hard not to laugh, now it was very amusing to see my 5 year old refuse to use the bathroom. She said she will wait until we arrive at the hotel.
So we are here we are all well apart from arriving kicking and screaming and yes Sheridan went to the bathroom when we got to the hotel and yes she slept all the way there. It was only about an hour drive I was worried we would arrive wet but we did not. We got to our rooms (yes we have two) put all of our 13 pieces of luggage in and then Dan and I picked up Sheridan from her bed and sat her on the toilet while she was still asleep and she kindly did what she was supposed to do and they went back to bed. She did wake up at 4am ready to go but all I can say is thanks for DVD she watched a move and we all started our days at a reasonable time 6am.
Thank you to all of you for your help and prayers we have arrived.
Stay tuned for more Whincop adventures coming to you soon from me
Fi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My bladder is bursting as I read that story. Gotta go. No I mean I've really gotta GO.
I don't blame Sheridan. Those toilets scare me, too.
Post a Comment