The ultimate Lazy Hair Day was when I couldn't be bothered washing or brushing Sheridan's hair on Saturday or Sunday. In fact I think it wasn't brushed all week. Ok I am a bad father.
I discussed the options with Sheridan and we decided we would go to the hair dresser where she could get a hair wash and a nice blow dry and I could get a hair cut.
Going to the hair dresser is a great experience in China. You sit in the chair for 45min while one person gives you a hair wash. While washing your hair they give a nice soothing scalp massage. After that there is a nice warm water rinse followed by a blow dry, a hair cut, then another warm water rinse, a blow dry and a style. (No styling going on in my hair but the guys at the salon did have a good old laugh when they asked if I wanted styling gel and I nodded kind of nonchalantly. They then discussed in Chinese whether I had enough hair to warrant such an excersie but in their typical Chinese politeness obliged anyway).
Sheridan and I then walked next door to the Aloha diner for a bit of warmth and a nice cup of coffee and some dinner.
I think the 5RMB I spent on Sheridans hair was well worth the hour long wash and dry and blow dry she got. btw 5RMB is about 70cents US. Bargain..... My haircut and wash was 20RMB.
Dan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment