Never know what to expect when things are different and the communication isn't quite there.
Last year for some inexplicable reason the heating in the house stopped working.
(I never was in a house where we use hot water to heat the house before so didn't know what to expect. Actually it was quite funny when we requested the heater be turned on as we tried and couldn't manage. We were told to wait and they would send the engineers to get the heater working. They came one saturday and got the hot water heater in the kitchen running and fidled in the roof for a few hours. The wallah hot water pumped through the house and the AC fans used to push air past these hot water pipes. I am not sure how efficient this is but its worth a try.)
So the hot water heater in the Kitchen stopped working. We talked to the lady at work who looks after us and she said we used all our Gas up. This is when I found out we pay for our gas before use. Any way a few days later we got the gas back on and all was fine. (apart from taking a day to heat the house back up) It's funny how we weren't told of this set up before but had to wait to run out before we got it.
The just before going to Australia the gas company switched us to natural gas so again I had a few days of cold house and cold showers. I left the Key with our driver and he assured me it would be fixed before we got back from Australia. And yes it was fixed for about two days. So during our time in Aus the heating was off so the marble floors were ice cold and the house never really got warmed up before the heating went off again.
I found out now that the last time the gas was switched we didn't have the card to do it right so they just did something to borrow some gas. This took two days to discover so the house was ice cold again.
But now I have gas again - hot showers and warm house. I am tracking the gas meter and trying to determine how I can tell when it will run out. The other problem is I would gladly give them money to pay for as much gas as I can use but they insist on doing it themselves.
I will some day work it all out I am sure.
As for now I will sit back and relax in a nice warm house with a nice warm shower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment