There was an English woman, a Polish woman and an Aussie woman.
I know it sound like the start of a joke but this was no joke. I was wined and dined at a five star hotel this last Friday. It was great.
We went to lunch to try there new “Afternoon Tea” menu. I’m still not sure what it’s all about but I enjoyed the food the wine and the company.
The lady who invited us was from Malaysia. The “tea” started at 11:30 and by 2:30pm I was trying to get out the door to go and pick up my children from school, I was still late picking them up.
I know what you all are all saying - it is hard to be me in China going out to lunches and eating at a five star restaurants for free. But I am committed to do my best to fit in with the way of the life. Of course I was thinking of all of you while I was eating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yeah right ... thinking of us ... more like wondering what the poor people where doing!!!
Of course you have to go out of your way to be accepted into the culture - what else should you do!!!
Post a Comment